Champlain BASETM eConsult has joined the Canadian Team to Improve Community Based Cancer Care along the Continuum (CanIMPACT) to launch a new communication service to coordinate care for cancer patients. This project involves online communication between family doctors or nurse practitioners, and cancer specialists through a new service called “eOncoNote”.
- Same platform: The eOncoNote uses the same platform as the Champlain BASETM eConsult service* (i.e. you can use the same login information to access it). However, the process is reversed such that communication is initiated by the patient’s cancer specialist.
- Communication with cancer specialists: The cancer specialist providers might be the medical oncologist, radiation oncologist or nurse navigator that is caring for a patient. Providers may use this service to discuss the care of their mutual patient instead of using traditional methods (such as phone or fax) to contact each other.
- Participants: At this time, eOncoNote is being tested through a clinical trial in the Champlain LHIN. Therefore, for now it will only include family doctors and nurse practitioners whose patients have consented to participate in the study. You will be contacted by email if your patient has consented to participate and was part of the eOncoNote intervention group. If proven to be beneficial, eOncoNote will become more widely available.
- Start date: eOncoNote will be launched in late fall 2017.
- Learn more: Please email Bojana Petrovic, CanIMPACT Research Associate (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*If you have not registered for the Champlain BASETM eConsult service, you may do so by contacting email@example.com.