The Academy of Medicine Ottawa’s 8th Annual Clinical Day will take place on Friday, February 20th, 2015 at the Ottawa Conference & Event Centre (200 Coventry Rd, Ottawa). Register now and save! Early bird registration is available until November 30th.
To support your clinical practice and promote better health for your patients
The AMO Clinical Day is designed for physicians, nurses and allied health professionals, to support clinical best practice and promote health for patients. We offer the highest quality accredited continuing medical education with an interdisciplinary program, to build awareness of options, strategies and resources.
Topics and speakers
- Slaying the zombies of smoking cessation – Andrew Pipe, CM, MD, LLD(Hon), DSc(Hon)
- Autism spectrum disorder – Susan Farrell, PhD
- Mindfulness starts here – Lynette Monteiro, PhD
- Helping our patients keep their marbles – Tony Hakim, OC, MD, PhD, FRCPC
- Choosing Wisely: prevention of unnecessary tests, treatments and procedures – Chris Simpson, MD, FRCPC, FACC, FHRS
- Sport concussion – Taryn Taylor, BKIN, MSc, MD, CCFP, DipSportMed
- Suicide prevention – Simon Hatcher, MD, MRCPsych, FRANZCP, FRCPC
- Lyme disease, MERS-CoV and other scarey bugs – Carolyn Pim, MD, FRCPC
This program has been accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario Chapter for up to 6 Mainpro-M1 credits. This event is an accredited group learning activity (section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, approved by the Canadian Psychiatric Association (CPA). The specific opinions and content of this event are not necessarily those of the CPA, and are the responsibility of the organizer(s) alone.
Register now and save!
Early bird registration until November 30. Registration includes continental breakfast, nutritional morning snack and lunch. Parking is free.